We’re happy to announce that we are a Signatory of the United Nations Global Compact. We are looking forward to working with likeminded companies of the UN Global Compact network and hope that we can inspire others to implement the ten principles in their operations as well.
The United Nations Global Compact is the worlds largest corporate sustainability initiative. It calls for companies to align their strategies and operations with universal principles on human rights, labour, environment and anti-corruption, and to take actions that advance societal goals.
The UN Global Compact aims to mobilize a global movement of sustainable companies and stakeholders to ‚create the world we want‘, based on the following ten principles:
- Businesses should support and respect the protection of internationally proclaimed human rights; and
- Make sure that they are not complicit in human rights abuses.
- Businesses should uphold the freedom of association and the effective recognition of the right to collective bargaining;
- The elimination of all forms of forced and compulsory labour;
- The effective abolition of child labour, and
- The elimination of discrimination in respect of employment and occupation
- Businesses should support a precautionary approach to environmental challenges;
- Undertake initiatives to promote greater environmental responsibility; and
- Encourage the development and diffusion of environmentally friendly technologies.
- Businesses should work against corruption in all its forms, including extortion and bribery.
By incorporating the Ten Principles of the UN Global Compact into our strategies, policies and procedures, and establishing a culture of integrity, we not only hope to uphold our basic responsibilities to people and planet, but also hope to set the stage for long-term success.
For further information, please visit the links below.